Posts Tagged ‘Marketing’
Business competition can be fierce in today’s economy. Trying to land new customers costs more than keeping your current customers. So, how does a business keep their customers from seeking cheaper alternatives or going with your competition? There are many things you can do, but here are 10 ways that can help you keep your customers coming back and remain loyal to you.
- Acclimate your customer to your business over time. When you have a new customer, bring them up to speed with what you offer by sending them emails, cards or samples so they learn about your business and what you offer. This process helps your customer build a rapport with you and what you offer.
- Appreciate your customers. Always say thank you to your customers. Show them your appreciation with a simple thank you card, or at certain times of the year, send them a small gift.
- Take customer care seriously. Customer service goes a long with you’re your guarantee. Always put your customers first. Try to get to the root of their problem. Often, their issues may not be with the product or service but with some other factor of the purchase. Make it right with your customer and they will not only come back, but tell others about you.
- Remind your customers that they made the right purchase. Let’s face it, most people experience buyer’s remorse no matter what you buy. I have bought inexpensive things and still take them back because I just didn’t feel right about purchasing it. Help your customer through this period with emails, notes or additional product information to help reinforce their buying decision.
- Create a customer feedback process. Seek out your customer’s feedback early after their purchase to make sure that their purchase was smooth and the product is working for them. This is part of the customer care process but builds immediate trust in your business.
- Create a strong product or service guarantee. An ironclad guarantee will always build trust and create a higher value in your product or service. Many businesses offer a “no questions” guarantee. If you want to keep a customer coming back for life, then always honor a refund or make it right with them. You will gain their trust and keep them coming back.
- Create value-added products and promotions. “Buy one, get one” or “free gifts with purchase” can always peak interests of your current or potential clients. This adds value to your customers purchase and can help reinforce their decision to do business with you.
- Know your customers. It’s important to keep information specific to your customers in a database or contact manager. Your customer’s anniversaries, or birthdays are great customer contact points. Simple cards or gifts can do amazing things for your business. Remind them that they are important to you even when they aren’t purchasing something.
- Create a buyer’s program. Reward your customers for making multiple purchases by offering a buying program. When your customer makes multiple purchases over time, offer a reward. Perhaps it is a free service or product, but make it worthwhile and something desirable so they will want to achieve it. Along these lines you can also create a referral reward for your customers. Refer your business to someone they know wins them a reward of some type. Not only do you build strong customer bonds, but you get new customers too!
- Stay in touch. This can’t be stressed enough. Monthly email newsletters and post cards are easy ways to stay in touch. Do you have a new product or service that you are going to offer? Then why not ask your current customers to trial it and get their opinion. This makes your customers feel part of what you are doing and gives them a feeling of accomplishment in your success.
There you go, 10 simple ideas to help build a strong client base and keep your customers coming back. It is not difficult to keep customers as long as you are putting them first. Remember that simple rule and you will not only keep customers but also bring more with their referrals.
Remember, when you need gift ideas or ways to reach out to your customers, Crazy About Gift Baskets can help with gifts large or small. Let us help you find the perfect gift that sends the right message to your customer. We will work with any budget and just like our advice; we guarantee your satisfaction!
Tags: basket business, business marketing, creative business, customer appreciation, gift basket business, Marketing, recognition programs, small business advice, Top 10 Reasons for Gift Baskets
Posted in Business Gifting, Client/Customer Appreciation Gifts, Gift Baskets, Marketing | No Comments »
What do Gift Baskets Have to do with your Marketing Program?
I suppose that a typical business owner might ponder this question when we sit down on a sales call with them. The truth is we asked our self the same question when we started this business three years ago. We bought our business with the intention of selling gift baskets. What we ended up with was truly something more. We became a marketing company that also does gifts and gift baskets.
It didn’t take us long to understand the power of gifts in a business. A good gifting program can help your business with customer retention, new customer acquisition, brand building, and building good will with business partners. Every business owner has a marketing budget. How you spend the marketing budget depends on your business model and should be tied to your overall business goals. The largest part of a typical business-marketing budget is generally tied to customer retention and new market development. It is important to note that it takes more money to find new customers than it does to keep your current ones.
If you are still trying to decide whether or not you need a gifting program, here are some ideas and strategies to consider.
First, consider your brand. When you want to win over a new customer or get their attention, it is important to use your brand and business name on the gift. This can be done in a subtle way by branding the gift with logo ribbon and your company colors. For a little more impact, you use a gift that has promotional merchandise in it. This has the added benefit of keeping your brand in front of your potential customers for a longer time. If the gift is going to an individual, then make it more personal by including items that are unique to a single person such as nice logo pen or container of some sort with your logo. If you are sending to an office, you will more likely get more mileage with “tear-n-share” snacks that everyone can sample.
If you are sending a “thank you” to someone, you can employ the same strategy. Logo merchandise is nice, but it might not seem as personal when you want to thank you for a purchase or contract. You can consider a snack gift or spa gift for an individual. Sending a “thank you” gift basket is a powerful way to get the attention of several key people in an office setting.
Here is a great example of how a branded “thank you” gift basket can land you more business.
Let’s take a car dealer as an example for using business gift baskets. When a customer purchases a vehicle, you could have a branded gift basket sent to them to say thank you. While you might think to send this to their home, you really should send it to where they work. Your logo and company colors will stand out on your gift. The snacks inside will certainly get the attention of everyone around the individual that you want to thank. Chances are, your customer will talk about their recent vehicle purchase and you could land a new customer from the interaction. The branded gift helps extend your brand and market your business in a very good way.
Gift baskets are not the only types of appreciation gifts that you can send, but they do have a powerful impact when used correctly. If your business is not using a gifting program, consider setting one up. It will be money well spent if done correctly. A gifting professional is more than just a gift basket designer. They are an extension to your marketing program. A professionally designed gift will get the attention your business deserves.
If you are considering a gifting program or would like more ideas on marketing your business, contact Crazy About Gift Baskets to set up an appointment. We will show you how to be original and give original.
Sheri & David Beckham are the owners of THE original basket boutique franchise in Gulf Breeze, Florida. Contact them at (877) 622-3248 for more information about gift baskets and gifting programs or on their website at http://www.obbpensacola.com.
Tags: basket boutique, branded gift basket, business gifts, creative business, customer appreciation, gift basket business, gift baskets, gift business, Marketing, original basket, recognition programs, Top 10 Reasons for Gift Baskets
Posted in Business Gifting, Client/Customer Appreciation Gifts, Gift Baskets, Marketing | 1 Comment »
Don’t Forget Your Administrative Professional
In 1952, the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) started honoring office workers by sponsoring Administrative Professionals Week. Now, Administrative Professionals week is one of the largest workplace observances outside of employee birthdays and other major holidays. This is truly the time to thank those tireless administrative professionals who keep our offices running like clockwork and make our jobs easier.
In 2000, the International Association of Administrative Professionals changed the name for what was then called Professional Secretaries Week and Professional Secretaries Day to what we now know as Administrative Professionals Week and Administrative Professionals Day. This was done to keep up with the changing job titles and added responsibilities that are now taken on by a modern day Administrative Professionals.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor statistics, there are over 4.1 million secretaries and administrative assistants working in the United States. There are over 8.9 million working in other administrative support roles. Canada employees over 475, 000 administrative professionals and millions are working in offices worldwide.
This year, Administrative Professionals Week is April 18-24 and Administrative Professionals Day is Wednesday, April 21.
This year, you might consider a versatile gift that will remind your administrative professional how much you value them for long after this special week. Here are some ideas to help you with giving the perfect gift this year.
- Coffee Mug filed with delectable goodies such as chocolate, coffee, tea, cocoa, or other snacks. Wrapped in beautiful cello with a festive bow, this simple gift will certainly get your administrative professional’s attention. The coffee mug can be used over and over, which reminds your admin how important they are day after day. Gifts such as these run $15-$25 on average. This makes it affordable for the whole office.
- A pen and pencil holder or tray for their desk can be filled with tasty treats that are sure to put a smile on their face.
- Lunch Tote gift baskets are the gifts that keep on giving. Have it filled with “tear & share” items like caramel corn, cheese straws, truffles and other delicious snacks that can be shared by all. Tote gift baskets are a little more expensive, but how valuable are your administrative professionals? It’s a small price to pay for those who do so much for us.
- A popcorn bucket makes a really cool and fun gift for your administrative professional. You can put your administrative professional’s favorite DVD in the popcorn basket along with some other movie snacks. Not sure what your admins’s favorite movie is? Then get them some movie tickets or a gift certificate to Blockbuster.
- Finally, any basket, music box, crate, or other unique container can be a perfect gift basket. Large or small, a creative gift professional can make it into the perfect administrative professional gift.
So, there are five ideas on how you can show your appreciation for all that your administrative professionals do for you. Don’t delay or wait until the last minute. Think ahead and order now so you can be sure to get the perfect gift this year. A regular old store bought gift just won’t due these days. You need to stand out really show your appreciation with something unique, new and original. To all the Administrative Professionals out there reading this story, send the link to your boss. They will get the hint! Happy Administrative Professionals Day!
Sheri Beckham is the owner of THE original basket boutique, gift basket franchise in Gulf Breeze, Florida serving the Pensacola area. If you are looking for something original, contact Sheri at (877) 622-3248. THE original basket boutique can ship nationwide or deliver across town. We have gifts in all price ranges and can handle one or one hundred, which ever you need. You can also find us online on our gift basket store at http://www.obbpensacola.com.
Tags: basket business, branded gift basket, business gifts, chocolate gift baskets, creative business, customer appreciation, gift basket, gift basket business, gift basket franchise, gift baskets, gift business, home business, home business opportunity, Marketing, original basket, recognition programs, Top 10 Reasons for Gift Baskets
Posted in Business Gifting, Client/Customer Appreciation Gifts, Gift Baskets, Marketing, Specialty Gifts | 1 Comment »
Are you crazy about chocolate? Most people love chocolate, but did you know that some chocolate is good for you? Chocolate, in its purest form is actually an antioxidant. Antioxidants help rid your body of free radicals which are terrible little molecules that run amok in your body causing disease and aging. Antioxidants bond to the free radicals and are removed from your body through digestion.
Of course, not all chocolate can be good for you. You can’t eat a Snicker’s and claim it is healthy. Dark chocolate has the highest health benefit because it is higher in cocoa. Higher cocoa amounts are better because there is less room for other ingredients like cocoa butter, sugar, vanilla, and milk. Dark chocolate has also been known to help with depression and high blood pressure.
Now that we know there are some health benefits to eating dark chocolate, here are some other interesting facts about chocolate:
- Chocolate is a valuable source of energy. A single chocolate chip can power a human being with enough energy to walk 150 ft.
- One ounce of baking chocolate has 10% of your daily-recommended amount of iron.
- The per capita consumption of chocolate is nearly 12 pounds annually per person. (That’s a lot of chocolate!)
- Chocolate comes from Cocoa Beans. Originally, it was called Cacao, but became Cocoa from a misspelling.
- Cocoa trees produce pods with contain about 20-50 cocoa beans. There are a variety of cocoa beans with varying flavors, which is used to make different types of chocolate much like different grapes make different wines.
- Chocolate does not cause or increase acne. It is a myth.
- Chocolate contains “theobromine” which helps boost low blood-sugar level but it can be deadly to dogs, cats and other household pets. It can over stimulate their cardiac and nervous system, which could cause instant death.
- Chocolate has over 500 flavor components. This two times the amount found in vanilla and strawberries.
- The cocoa beans were used as a currency and as a unit of calculation in the Aztec and Mayan cultures.
- Chocolate is one of the most well-known and popular foods in the world and is not likely to ever go out of fashion!
Now that you know more about chocolate, you won’t have to feel guilty next time you eat a dark chocolate bar. Are you looking for gift ideas? Chocolate makes a great gift for any occasion. Chocolate gift baskets can turn the darkest day bright for anyone. Chocolate gifts are great for giving to men or women so the next time you want to get some attention, think yummy, delicious, chocolate!
Sheri Beckham is a gift consultant, gift basket professional and owner of THE original basket boutique, gift basket franchise located in Gulf Breeze, Fl.
For more information about Sheri or THE original basket boutique please contact us or call Toll Free: (877) 622-3248 or http://www.obbpensacola.com.
Image: Graeme Weatherston / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Tags: basket boutique, branded gift basket, business gifts, chocolate, chocolate gift baskets, creative business, gift baskets, gift business, Marketing, original basket
Posted in Gift Baskets, Information | No Comments »
When is a gift more than just a gift?
A gift basket is more than just a gift basket when you can use a gift basket to serve more than one purpose. You give gifts for many reasons. Individuals and businesses use them to say thank you, show appreciation, congratulate, and acknowledge events, but many businesses miss a true marketing opportunity if they are not using a gift to extend or enforce their brand.
Gift baskets are a great way to extend and enforce your brand for many reasons. A gift basket can be branded with personalized ribbon that has your logo and business name, your company colors and logo merchandise can be mixed in the gift basket design. A gift basket with branded merchandise can serve an entire office. A shareable gift basket not only shows your appreciation, but the branded items you can include will be used by the office members keeping your name top of mind and helping to reinforce your brand.
A branded gift basket is a subtle way to show your company colors and name. If your business only has one or two points of contact with a customer a gift basket can be used to pull in more support from the entire organization. Your business may not interact with some customers more than a few times a year. When you are not seeing them, your customer is bombarded with competitors who are trying to woo them away. Gifts or gift baskets used during holidays, special events, birthdays or anniversaries give you another chance to put your business in front of your customers.
Be original with your gifts for customers. Even an inexpensive coffee mug with some goodies inside make can make an impact on your customers. When giving gift baskets, considering using Gift a reusable container so your customer has something they will use long after the gift basket treats are gone. A branded cooler gift basket or leather box can be used for a long time. You are constantly putting your brand in front of them when they use your gift. This helps reinforce your brand year round.
If you are looking for ways to recognize your top clients, business partners or just to thank someone for a job well done, then consider a branded gift basket. You will be pleased with the outcome. For more information about branded gift baskets, contact Sheri at THE original basket boutique. Our specialty is making your business stand out from the crowd with original gift and gifting plans for your business.
Sheri Beckham is a gift basket professional and owner of THE original basket boutique, gift basket franchise located in Gulf Breeze, Fl.
For more information about Sheri or THE original basket boutique please contact us or call Toll Free: (877) 622-3248 or http://www.obbpensacola.com
Tags: basket boutique, basket business, branded gift basket, business gifts, creative business, customer appreciation, gift basket, gift basket business, gift basket franchise, gift baskets, Marketing
Posted in Client/Customer Appreciation Gifts, Marketing | No Comments »