Posts Tagged ‘Top 10 Reasons for Gift Baskets’
Business competition can be fierce in today’s economy. Trying to land new customers costs more than keeping your current customers. So, how does a business keep their customers from seeking cheaper alternatives or going with your competition? There are many things you can do, but here are 10 ways that can help you keep your customers coming back and remain loyal to you.
- Acclimate your customer to your business over time. When you have a new customer, bring them up to speed with what you offer by sending them emails, cards or samples so they learn about your business and what you offer. This process helps your customer build a rapport with you and what you offer.
- Appreciate your customers. Always say thank you to your customers. Show them your appreciation with a simple thank you card, or at certain times of the year, send them a small gift.
- Take customer care seriously. Customer service goes a long with you’re your guarantee. Always put your customers first. Try to get to the root of their problem. Often, their issues may not be with the product or service but with some other factor of the purchase. Make it right with your customer and they will not only come back, but tell others about you.
- Remind your customers that they made the right purchase. Let’s face it, most people experience buyer’s remorse no matter what you buy. I have bought inexpensive things and still take them back because I just didn’t feel right about purchasing it. Help your customer through this period with emails, notes or additional product information to help reinforce their buying decision.
- Create a customer feedback process. Seek out your customer’s feedback early after their purchase to make sure that their purchase was smooth and the product is working for them. This is part of the customer care process but builds immediate trust in your business.
- Create a strong product or service guarantee. An ironclad guarantee will always build trust and create a higher value in your product or service. Many businesses offer a “no questions” guarantee. If you want to keep a customer coming back for life, then always honor a refund or make it right with them. You will gain their trust and keep them coming back.
- Create value-added products and promotions. “Buy one, get one” or “free gifts with purchase” can always peak interests of your current or potential clients. This adds value to your customers purchase and can help reinforce their decision to do business with you.
- Know your customers. It’s important to keep information specific to your customers in a database or contact manager. Your customer’s anniversaries, or birthdays are great customer contact points. Simple cards or gifts can do amazing things for your business. Remind them that they are important to you even when they aren’t purchasing something.
- Create a buyer’s program. Reward your customers for making multiple purchases by offering a buying program. When your customer makes multiple purchases over time, offer a reward. Perhaps it is a free service or product, but make it worthwhile and something desirable so they will want to achieve it. Along these lines you can also create a referral reward for your customers. Refer your business to someone they know wins them a reward of some type. Not only do you build strong customer bonds, but you get new customers too!
- Stay in touch. This can’t be stressed enough. Monthly email newsletters and post cards are easy ways to stay in touch. Do you have a new product or service that you are going to offer? Then why not ask your current customers to trial it and get their opinion. This makes your customers feel part of what you are doing and gives them a feeling of accomplishment in your success.
There you go, 10 simple ideas to help build a strong client base and keep your customers coming back. It is not difficult to keep customers as long as you are putting them first. Remember that simple rule and you will not only keep customers but also bring more with their referrals.
Remember, when you need gift ideas or ways to reach out to your customers, Crazy About Gift Baskets can help with gifts large or small. Let us help you find the perfect gift that sends the right message to your customer. We will work with any budget and just like our advice; we guarantee your satisfaction!
Tags: basket business, business marketing, creative business, customer appreciation, gift basket business, Marketing, recognition programs, small business advice, Top 10 Reasons for Gift Baskets
Posted in Business Gifting, Client/Customer Appreciation Gifts, Gift Baskets, Marketing | No Comments »
What do Gift Baskets Have to do with your Marketing Program?
I suppose that a typical business owner might ponder this question when we sit down on a sales call with them. The truth is we asked our self the same question when we started this business three years ago. We bought our business with the intention of selling gift baskets. What we ended up with was truly something more. We became a marketing company that also does gifts and gift baskets.
It didn’t take us long to understand the power of gifts in a business. A good gifting program can help your business with customer retention, new customer acquisition, brand building, and building good will with business partners. Every business owner has a marketing budget. How you spend the marketing budget depends on your business model and should be tied to your overall business goals. The largest part of a typical business-marketing budget is generally tied to customer retention and new market development. It is important to note that it takes more money to find new customers than it does to keep your current ones.
If you are still trying to decide whether or not you need a gifting program, here are some ideas and strategies to consider.
First, consider your brand. When you want to win over a new customer or get their attention, it is important to use your brand and business name on the gift. This can be done in a subtle way by branding the gift with logo ribbon and your company colors. For a little more impact, you use a gift that has promotional merchandise in it. This has the added benefit of keeping your brand in front of your potential customers for a longer time. If the gift is going to an individual, then make it more personal by including items that are unique to a single person such as nice logo pen or container of some sort with your logo. If you are sending to an office, you will more likely get more mileage with “tear-n-share” snacks that everyone can sample.
If you are sending a “thank you” to someone, you can employ the same strategy. Logo merchandise is nice, but it might not seem as personal when you want to thank you for a purchase or contract. You can consider a snack gift or spa gift for an individual. Sending a “thank you” gift basket is a powerful way to get the attention of several key people in an office setting.
Here is a great example of how a branded “thank you” gift basket can land you more business.
Let’s take a car dealer as an example for using business gift baskets. When a customer purchases a vehicle, you could have a branded gift basket sent to them to say thank you. While you might think to send this to their home, you really should send it to where they work. Your logo and company colors will stand out on your gift. The snacks inside will certainly get the attention of everyone around the individual that you want to thank. Chances are, your customer will talk about their recent vehicle purchase and you could land a new customer from the interaction. The branded gift helps extend your brand and market your business in a very good way.
Gift baskets are not the only types of appreciation gifts that you can send, but they do have a powerful impact when used correctly. If your business is not using a gifting program, consider setting one up. It will be money well spent if done correctly. A gifting professional is more than just a gift basket designer. They are an extension to your marketing program. A professionally designed gift will get the attention your business deserves.
If you are considering a gifting program or would like more ideas on marketing your business, contact Crazy About Gift Baskets to set up an appointment. We will show you how to be original and give original.
Sheri & David Beckham are the owners of THE original basket boutique franchise in Gulf Breeze, Florida. Contact them at (877) 622-3248 for more information about gift baskets and gifting programs or on their website at http://www.obbpensacola.com.
Tags: basket boutique, branded gift basket, business gifts, creative business, customer appreciation, gift basket business, gift baskets, gift business, Marketing, original basket, recognition programs, Top 10 Reasons for Gift Baskets
Posted in Business Gifting, Client/Customer Appreciation Gifts, Gift Baskets, Marketing | 1 Comment »
Don’t Forget Your Administrative Professional
In 1952, the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) started honoring office workers by sponsoring Administrative Professionals Week. Now, Administrative Professionals week is one of the largest workplace observances outside of employee birthdays and other major holidays. This is truly the time to thank those tireless administrative professionals who keep our offices running like clockwork and make our jobs easier.
In 2000, the International Association of Administrative Professionals changed the name for what was then called Professional Secretaries Week and Professional Secretaries Day to what we now know as Administrative Professionals Week and Administrative Professionals Day. This was done to keep up with the changing job titles and added responsibilities that are now taken on by a modern day Administrative Professionals.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor statistics, there are over 4.1 million secretaries and administrative assistants working in the United States. There are over 8.9 million working in other administrative support roles. Canada employees over 475, 000 administrative professionals and millions are working in offices worldwide.
This year, Administrative Professionals Week is April 18-24 and Administrative Professionals Day is Wednesday, April 21.
This year, you might consider a versatile gift that will remind your administrative professional how much you value them for long after this special week. Here are some ideas to help you with giving the perfect gift this year.
- Coffee Mug filed with delectable goodies such as chocolate, coffee, tea, cocoa, or other snacks. Wrapped in beautiful cello with a festive bow, this simple gift will certainly get your administrative professional’s attention. The coffee mug can be used over and over, which reminds your admin how important they are day after day. Gifts such as these run $15-$25 on average. This makes it affordable for the whole office.
- A pen and pencil holder or tray for their desk can be filled with tasty treats that are sure to put a smile on their face.
- Lunch Tote gift baskets are the gifts that keep on giving. Have it filled with “tear & share” items like caramel corn, cheese straws, truffles and other delicious snacks that can be shared by all. Tote gift baskets are a little more expensive, but how valuable are your administrative professionals? It’s a small price to pay for those who do so much for us.
- A popcorn bucket makes a really cool and fun gift for your administrative professional. You can put your administrative professional’s favorite DVD in the popcorn basket along with some other movie snacks. Not sure what your admins’s favorite movie is? Then get them some movie tickets or a gift certificate to Blockbuster.
- Finally, any basket, music box, crate, or other unique container can be a perfect gift basket. Large or small, a creative gift professional can make it into the perfect administrative professional gift.
So, there are five ideas on how you can show your appreciation for all that your administrative professionals do for you. Don’t delay or wait until the last minute. Think ahead and order now so you can be sure to get the perfect gift this year. A regular old store bought gift just won’t due these days. You need to stand out really show your appreciation with something unique, new and original. To all the Administrative Professionals out there reading this story, send the link to your boss. They will get the hint! Happy Administrative Professionals Day!
Sheri Beckham is the owner of THE original basket boutique, gift basket franchise in Gulf Breeze, Florida serving the Pensacola area. If you are looking for something original, contact Sheri at (877) 622-3248. THE original basket boutique can ship nationwide or deliver across town. We have gifts in all price ranges and can handle one or one hundred, which ever you need. You can also find us online on our gift basket store at http://www.obbpensacola.com.
Tags: basket business, branded gift basket, business gifts, chocolate gift baskets, creative business, customer appreciation, gift basket, gift basket business, gift basket franchise, gift baskets, gift business, home business, home business opportunity, Marketing, original basket, recognition programs, Top 10 Reasons for Gift Baskets
Posted in Business Gifting, Client/Customer Appreciation Gifts, Gift Baskets, Marketing, Specialty Gifts | 1 Comment »
The right business gift can do amazing things for your company. They are given to say, “thank you”, build relationships, foster goodwill or just show business thoughtfulness. The right kind of gift can help your business relationships flourish and grow, while the wrong gifts could quickly cause a business relationship to go south. The right gift should reflect your creativity, good taste, and to some extent your personality.
When giving business gifts, there are some simple guidelines you can follow to ensure your business gift giving is a great experience and you get the most out of your thoughtful gesture. Here are ten ideas that will help you get the most out of your gift giving:
- First, be sure that the company you are sending the gift to can accept gifts. Some businesses have written policies that prohibit accepting gifts for any reason. You may also find companies that place limits on the costs of the gifts. It is just a good idea to be sure before you give.
- Use good timing when sending a gift. If you are saying “thank you” for something, it should be sent within a few days of the event so the gift is pertinent to the situation.
- Be sure your gift reflects your company image and your personality.
- For the maximum impact, personalize your gift. With a little imagination and originality, you can make your gift truly stand out.
- Your gift should reflect the value you place on the relationship. As an example, if you are a realtor, and sell a million dollar home, your closing gift will be larger than one of someone how purchased a one hundred thousand dollar home. Each client is important, but you certainly make more on one over the other so you can recognize this with a more personalized gift.
- Send gifts that are appropriate for businesses and one that will not interrupt someone’s place of work.
- Be sure that your gifts reflect “good-taste” and are of high quality. Gourmet products in any price range will speak highly of your business and you.
- Make a list of the gifts you send to avoid duplicating the gift.
- Don’t use major holidays as your only reason to send gifts each year. You will get noticed more when a gift is not expected.
- Be sure that you check the spelling of the business and recipients name if you are sending a personalized gift.
Gift giving can be a valuable and important part of your marketing strategy. You should place a high value on your current customers. A good portion of your marketing budget should be directed to customer retention. Gift giving is an easy way to reach out and touch your customers several times a year to show them how much you value them.
If you are not sure on the type of gifts to give, then consider a gift consultant. Someone who specializes in gifts can direct you on the appropriate gift and price value for each of your particular clients. Also, a gift consultant can take the pressure off of remembering special dates and events. You can use a gift consultant to send gifts that are appropriate for the situation at the right time. Don’t let gift giving be a hassle for your business. Make it fun! Get help if you need it. Giving business gifts will not only help you with customer retention, but they will strengthen the bond you share with your customers.
Sheri Beckham is a gift consultant, gift basket professional and owner of THE original basket boutique, gift basket franchise located in Gulf Breeze, Fl.
For more information about Sheri or THE original basket boutique please contact us or call Toll Free: (877) 622-3248 or http://www.obbpensacola.com
Image: by Maggie Smith / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Tags: basket boutique, basket business, branded gift basket, business gifts, creative business, customer appreciation, gift basket, gift basket business, gift baskets, original basket, recognition programs, Top 10 Reasons for Gift Baskets
Posted in Business Gifting, Client/Customer Appreciation Gifts, Marketing | No Comments »
10. Gift baskets can be made to fit any budget.
9. Themed gift baskets can be made to fit any occasion.
8. A gift baskets can come in any size to fit the situation.
7. Gift baskets are quick and easy to order.
6. Gift baskets can be shared so it can save you money by serving more people.
5. Professionally designed gift baskets convey a special message to the recipient.
4. Gift baskets and their containers can create lasting memories.
3. Gift baskets can be branded or personalized to keep your name at the top of the recipient’s mind.
2. Gift baskets are loved by everyone!
1. Gift baskets are the perfect gift to fit every occasion!
If you are looking for the perfect gift, then think gift baskets. Ordering gift baskets is as easy as picking up the phone or going online. They are especially great for sending to an entire office or family. Professionally designed gift baskets from a gift basket specialist will create lasting memories for your recipient.
For more information about gifts and gift baskets, contact us at THE original basket boutique. We will show you some very easy and affordable ways to show your appreciation 365 days a year.
Tags: basket boutique, basket business, gift basket, gift basket business, gift basket franchise, gift baskets, gift business, home business opportunity, original basket, Top 10 Reasons for Gift Baskets
Posted in Business Gifting, Client/Customer Appreciation Gifts, Gourmet Gift Baskets | No Comments »